Join a dynamic team of other software developers, scientists, and engineers to participate in the specification, design, and implementation of oligonucleotide instrumentation control systems. Applicants must be self-motivated, have strong teamwork and communication skills, and a drive to produce quality products. Work activities will include a combination of Software Project Management and Software Engineering responsibilities.
Main Software Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Work with team members to facilitate the project requirements, goals, and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Monitor and report project activities to stakeholders
- Ensure project quality requirements are met
Main Software Engineering Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the software specification, design, and implementation
- Contribute design ideas and assess work effort
- Work with team to ensure that required functionality is met
- Write and maintain architectural and detailed design documents
- Participate and design and code reviews
- Ensure quality requirements are met
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Physics, or M.S. in Chemistry/Biology
- 3+ years of Windows based software development and project management experience required
- Experience in the use of defect tracking systems and project management tools is required
- Formal training in one or more of these software programming languages: Labview and C#
- Formal training in software engineering practices (covering subjects such as architectural design, software quality engineering, Object Oriented Analysis / Design, UML, requirements analysis, etc.) desired
- Applicants must have participated in at least one complete software development product life cycle from concept development through product testing and final release
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with life sciences instrumentation, especially DNA and Peptide synthesizer technology, a significant plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required