This job is mainly based within Biolytic’s manufacturing area. The main focus of this job is to build DNA, RNA & Peptide instrumentation. He/She will need electro mechanical skills to be able to build an instrument or help with solving problems occurring on instruments. This job requires good people and communication skills as it involves dealing with customers and other technicians on a regular basis. As the need arises the job responsibilities of this position may change. Being able to work with power tools and machinist tools to manufacture and modify parts to suit the needs of the customer might be required.
- Manufacturing instrumentation, assemblies and parts.
- Testing instrumentation before it ships.
- Helping out the other areas of the Biolytic when needed.
- Troubleshooting instruments with problems ranging from chemical, electrical or mechanical.
- Manufacturing and modifying parts with power/machining tools for use in depot repair or the parts department.
- Quality control inspector.
- Provide feedback for improvements to testing process and engineering documentation.
- Ensuring a safe and clean area to work in continuously day in and day out.
- High quality and on time deliverables.
- BA or BS in Engineering or Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year servicing or supporting complex electromechanical/chemical equipment or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of biochemistry, biology and/or other life sciences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a plus.
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of PC and Mac computer software and hardware.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with life sciences instrumentation, especially DNA and Peptide synthesizer technology, a significant plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Good people skills are required.