The person in this position will become part of the R&D team responsible for the development of the next generation technology at the company. In particular this person will be responsible for developing mechanical and control systems. It is critical that this individual has excellent command of scientific and engineering fundamentals and is able to translate that into their work. Ideally, the person will have strong hands-on mechanical aptitude and some computer programming. Even more importantly, he/she must be comfortable using the skills and knowledge to problem-solve outside of their comfort-zone and learn on-the-fly if necessary.
- Design using CAD, prototype, build and test instrumentation, assemblies and parts.
- Manage new product from design to manufacturing to sales
- Helping out the other areas of the company when needed.
- Troubleshooting instruments/prototypes with problems ranging from chemical, electrical or mechanical.
- Manufacturing and modifying parts with power/machining tools for use in manufacturing or the parts department.
- Quality control
- Provide feedback for improvements to testing process and engineering documentation.
- Ensuring a safe and clean area to work in continuously day in and day out.
- High quality and on time deliverables.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields from one of the World's Top 50 ranked Technical Universities; a master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in academic/ industrial lab environment.
- Solid command of CAD software (Solidworks or similar).
- Ability to function in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Machine shop experience/ familiarity is a strong plus.
- Excellent time management and data presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a plus.
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with life sciences instrumentation, especially DNA and Peptide synthesizer technology, a significant plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
- Excellent people skills are required.