This position will report to the materials management supervisor. This position will work in the warehouse and assist with shipping and receiving: packing instruments, parts, loading instruments onto trucks, parts stock and storage. Warehouse duties may include, but are not limited to: assembly, shipping/receiving, picking/packing orders, inventory control, storage and distribution. This position may require heavy lifting and may require standing or walking for long periods of time. Essential functions of the position include clean-up and general housekeeping of office area and shop department, following and adhering to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials.
- Picking, Packing, Receiving and Restocking products
- Loading trucks, unloading incoming inventory from the truck, putting the products into the shelves
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures
- Responsible for cleaning warehouse area
- Responsible for quality control. No damaged product is sent out. No damaged raw material is accepted in
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Stage finished product for loading
- Load finished product onto truck
- Unload raw materials from truck
- Move raw materials to warehouse storage
- Empty waste containers
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic English reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Attention to detail
- Some or completion of high school.
- Organized and punctual.
- Steel toe boots.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with use of stool or ladder
- Must able to work on feet (stand or walk) for entire assigned work shifts