This synthesis column rack has the following features:
- 96 each column positions
- Column counting is oriented with position A-1 and counts to the right until A-12 is reached, then goes to B-1 etc.
- White in color
- Has interference O-rings installed.
- Has 3 each locating pin holes in the bottom.
- Has no step in the top and the numbers and letter indicators for the column positions are on the sides leaving a smooth surface on the top for sealing as is needed in the Dr Oligo Model 192XLc oligo synthesizers.
- Made from High Temperature Polymer so they are compatible with processes up to 135 Degrees C (275 Degrees F).
This synthesis column rack is compatible with all older Dr Oligo models that have 3 each locating pins for each synthesis rack.
This is not compatible with older Dr Oligo models that have 8 each locating pins. If you need synthesis column racks with provisions for 8 each locating holes, see the synthesis racks listed for Dr Oligo 192e.
The addition of the interference O-rings is to create a snug fit for the rack when it is in place for synthesis in a Model 192XLc. This snug fit is desirable to keep the racks from popping up during synthesis which will cause motion errors.
When using this synthesis column rack in an older model Dr Oligo 192, one can leave the interference O-rings in place. They do not cause an issue however if desired, the interference O-rings can easily be removed by removing the screw in the center of the O-ring.
If one wants a tighter fit, one can add 2 more interference O-rings (one on each end) as the racks are shipped with 4 each interference O-rings installed and with a provision to add 2 more O-rings.
Please Log in first to Rate the Product